Nominations are now open for the 2019 Spirit of Catholic Education Awards.
Catholic school communities and Catholic School Authorities in Queensland are encouraged to nominate individuals or teams (staff members, parents/carers or volunteers) who are making an outstanding contribution to the life of the school community in one or more of the following areas:
• Showing outstanding integrity in leading a school community or program
• Implementing change that improves teaching and learning and supports greater equity in education
• Building Catholic education identity and ethos in ways that support exceptionally life-giving relationships and build hope in school communities or Catholic education agencies
• Demonstrating excellence in team work that supports and builds Catholic education
• Demonstrating outstanding service to others in the school education community and beyond.
Aunty Joan Hendriks Reconciliation Award
• Creating positive change for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff and/or developing improved understanding of Indigenous cultural heritage in Catholic school communities.
Nominations should be submitted online by 5.00pm on Friday 10 May 2019.